FEATURED POSTS

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Back To Basics


I have been MIA in the blogging world for the longest time. I'm not even sure if I know how to do this blogging thing anymore. But yesterday I logged into my blog for the first time in forever and I was very surprised that it has gotten a lot more engagement than I had previously. A lot of readers have left me comments and messages and I feel bad I responded so late and abandoned this whole thing. If my readers are still out there, I sorry I let you down. Let's try this whole blogging thing again shall we?



So I guess I have a bit of explaining to do...


Why I'm Back:

You see I've been feeling a little burned out lately, working the corporate life. Things have been going very well for me in my career but deep in my heart I feel like something's missing. I guess it might be because all my life I have been doing everything I ought to do to get to that "society's standard of a successful life" and while I was trying to achieve all that, I've been doing less and less of what I really wanna do with my life and what I want my life to be.

Well technically, I still don't know what I wanna do with my life, so I'm here going back to one of the things that I love doing, which is writing. And maybe as I continue doing this, step by step it would lead me to where I wanna be.



What to Expect on my Blogs:

Blogging has become quite of hit hasn't it? I could see a few bloggers I've interacted with on Tumblr who are the new big thing now. Bloggers have become the next socialites/celebrities. Well I'm here to tell you, I'm not really up to all that. I just really wanna write. 

I feel like with all the money coming into blogging, it has become a commodity. I'm happy for all the people who made a career out of their blogs. I'll be happy too if that happened to my blog but to be honest, that's not really why I'm back here. I just want a place where I can write again. I feel like most of the blogs today are now just a place for advertisement, product promotion, and border-line narcissism. 

I kinda miss the old days when people could just blog about anything and everything under the sun, writing about their days, their hopes, their dreams. I miss reading all those things. I'm back here because I want that back for myself. I wanna add a little more soul in the blogging world. I wanna write about things that really matter to me and maybe to the world. I want to write about my adventures, in the hopes of inspiring people to start theirs. I want to help share information that will be useful to my readers. I want to write of all my significant experiences in life because maybe some readers might be going through similar things.

Writing is my passion. And it makes me happy when people read what I write. 
If you're reading this, then thank you. Thank you for still reading. Thank you for still being here despite my long absence. And I hope I could continue writing for your reading pleasure.

Here's to more blog posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment